About Brooks Place
Brooks Place is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation offering assisted living and independent living homes. We have 44 apartments and 64 cottages, all situated on 16 acres of land that was donated by the Brooks Family for this purpose.
The mission of Winchester Retirement Place, Inc. is to provide safe, comfortable, and affordable housing which will strive to nurture residents spiritually, physically,socially, and mentally, enhancing there retirement years.
Life at Brooks Place
- At Brooks Place, residents tend to thrive, become more independent, have a peace of mind that our staff is here when needed but never trespassing on individuality or privacy.
- Make the choice to move to Brooks Place and see how much more life can mean. What are you waiting for? Do it now while you can fully enjoy the benefits.
- Rose Mary C. Brooks Place is located on sixteen acres donated by George Brooks and Betsy Bulleit in honor of their mother. Assisted living at Brooks Place is comprised of forty-four apartments featuring ten floor plans. You will love our comfortable common areas, on site hair salon, our lovely Keeneland Dining room, and guests are always welcome.
- The Cottages at Brooks Place, independent living offer a much more care-free experience than traditional home ownership. Our front porch community of like-minded neighbors provides a sense of safety and security. Your exterior maintenance is no longer a worry.
Our independent living cottages are spacious two bedroom, two bath with fully equipped kitchen, washer and dryer, attached garage, patio, and covered front porch. We provide a 24 hour emergency response system with all units. We also take care of all exterior maintenance, lawn care, and snow removal
- We serve only the best with the freshest ingredients and our from-scratch menu satisfies a great variety of tastes.
- Memorable dining begins with open seating as it allows residents to dine when they are ready and with whomever they choose.
- Regardless, if residents dine alfresco on the garden patio, in our beautifully appointed Keeneland Dining Room or in the Brooks Place private dining room, our staff caters to individual preferences.
- From authentic Italian dishes and steak-house fare to down-home southern cooking, and the delicious desserts, the choice is yours. Our chef offers The Chef’s Special of the day or residents may order from our extensive menu.
- We encourage residents to make suggestions, share their favorite recipes and be engaged in making meal time a gratifying experience.
- Bible Study & Devotions
- Bridge Club
- Lunch Bunch
- Men’s Lunch Crew
- Wii Games
- Ice cream social
- Live music
- Live dancing
- Knitting Club
- Theme Parties
- Special events